Please email this today.. Please help out.. Let them see how many of us there are out here!
National Vaccine Advisory Committee Seeking Comment on CDC’s Vaccine Safety Agenda
Urgent Action Needed Today!
You have an opportunity to comment on CDC’s vaccine safety agenda. Electronic responses are preferred and may be addressed to vaccinesafetyRFI@hhs.gov. You can send a personal story, like the hundreds of comments left on Dr. Paul Offit’s piece on HuffPo, or touch on one of the topics at the end of this post.
The official deadline is 2/2 but comments that are filed today by 5 will be summarized and included in the folders for the NVAC vaccine safety working group.
There are a few revealing sentences in the NVAC document. CDC concedes on page 33 that “[u]sually simultaneous vaccination is incompletely studied at time of licensure.” And this one on page 17: “Little is known about the immune gene expression changes that occur after vaccination; even less is known about immune genes expressed during an [adverse event following immunization].” Is this finally an admission that the vax schedule is an experiment and the government is treating a generation of kids as lab rats? Read the full (this is the home page for the National Vacccine Advisory Committee working group.)
It is extremely important that our voices be heard, both as individuals and as organizations. Without constructive engagement, there will never be change. So, please take the time to make a paper trail, and, if possible, attend this and the other upcoming meetings.
HERE is a pdf of the Federal Register Announcement:
SUMMARY: The National Vaccine Program Office (NVPO) is soliciting public comment on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Immunization Safety Office (ISO) draft Scientific Agenda related to scientific research questions in vaccine safety.
DATES: Comments on the draft ISO Scientific Agenda should be received no later than 5 p.m. on February 2, 2009.
Electronic responses are preferred and may be addressed to
Written responses should be addressed to
National Vaccine Program Office, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, SW., Room 443-H, Washington, DC 20201, Attention: Vaccine Safety RFI.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Kirsten Vannice, National Vaccine Program Office, Department of Health and Human Services, Hubert H. Humphrey Building, 200 Independence Avenue, SW., Room 443-H,
Washington, DC 20201; telephone (202) 690-5566; fax 202-260-1165; e-mail vaccinesafetyRFI@hhs.gov.
Topics to Consider in your email.
1. Vax safety research must be taken away from CDC [as with all other
“safety” agencies in DC] because you would never expect the “cheerleaders” to assess the safety of the products they promote.
2. Any ethical and legally sufficient vax safety agenda must BEGIN with a comprehensive and ongoing review of the health outcomes of fully vax vs. unvax children, both prospectively [no ethical concerns because families choose the unvax category according to state law exemptions] and retrospectively. There is NOTHING about this in the CDC draft agenda. Only with such a study can the costs of both acute and chronic vax-caused disease be compared with the benefits of preventable disease. If problems are found, further studies would be conducted focussed on how to fix vax’s, the schedule, screening for susceptibility, etc.
3. The recent addition and deletion of vax research from IACC’s autism
4. Public confidence in vaccines is at a tipping point. CDC’s has
substituted a “vaccinate or die” campaign for the basic science required by ethics and law.
5. The studies purporting to clear vaccines of any association have severe methodological flaws that in some cases amount to scientific fraud. Example: the dimunition of the Verstraeten data to produce the desired outcome.
6. The debate over safety is not “parents vs. science,” but CDC’s willful failure to conduct required safety studies and instead its deliberate manufacture of flawed studies designed to clear vaccines.
7. See the Fed. Reg. notice for other comment ideas.
Autism research gets little mention in the 64-page draft document. In
particular, citing IOM ’04, no new research is proposed. Autism is noted is a possible clinical outcime, but the draft simply says:
“.. In 2004, the IOM concluded that the evidence ‘favors rejection of a
causal relationship’ between MMR vaccine and autism and thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism (IOM, 2004). .. VSD is conducting a thimerosal and autism case-control study (in progress). The chief aim is to determine if exposure to thimerosal in infancy (through 7 months of age) or in-utero is related to development of autism. A secondary objective is to evaluate whether exposure to thimerosal in infancy is related to a subclass of autism predominately associated with regression. .. CDC has funded a study in Italy comparing children who previously received thimerosal-containing or non-thimerosal-containing DTaP vaccines; the authors submitted a manuscript for publication.”